Our Favorite Summer Drinks
We love mixing different cocktails for get together all year long, but we have a couple favorite summer drinks that are best enjoyed in the warm sun out on the back deck. Whether you’re hosting a small ladies’ night or a larger party, having a signature cocktail (or mocktail) is a fun detail that helps elevate your party to the next level! We’ve included our top 3 summer cocktail recipes and a mocktail recipe! Let us know what you think.
Classic Margarita on the Rocks
You can never go wrong with a classic margarita! We like to pair margaritas with chips and homemade guacamole!
- Start by adding a coarse salt rim to your rocks glasses
- Add ice, 1oz triple sec and 1.5oz tequila
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Stir and garnish with a lime wedge
A pitcher of sangria is always a hit for ladies’ night because it pairs well with snack-y foods! In the summer, we love making fruity white wine Sangria.
- In a large pitcher, muddle some fresh summer fruit, we like to use oranges, strawberries and lime
- 1 bottle of a sweeter white wine, we prefer a pinot grigio
- 1 cup of mango or tropical juice
- 2 cups of Fresca
- Serve over ice in a fun hurricane glass and garnish with a lime and strawberry
*PRO TIP* add ice into our glass instead of the pitcher so it doesn’t water down the entire sangria
Strawberry Rosé Cocktail
This blended rosé cocktail is perfect for a classy bridal shower or a great way to get a bachelorette party started! Choose your favorite sparkling rosé wine and follow the directions below! The amount of ingredients will vary depending how many drinks you want to make! The blended mixture doesn’t stay frozen for long, so we recommend blending small batches or putting the extra right into the freezer until you need more!
- Blend a handful of frozen strawberries with 1oz vodka and 1oz simple syrup until smooth
- Fill your glass halfway with the frozen mixture
- Top with a bubbly rosé
- Garnish with a strawberry
Mocktail – Raspberry Mojitos
We know that not everyone drinks alcohol or sometimes you just feel like a tasty non-boozy drink! This is one of our favorite mocktails and it’s so refreshing!
- Start by making a raspberry simple syrup
– mix one cup of water and one cup of sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add one cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen). Muddle the raspberries till they’re mixed in. To remove the seeds, pour the mixture through a mesh strainer. Let cool before use. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a month.
- Muddle fresh mint and lime into the bottom of a tall glass
- Add ice
- Add 1oz of Raspberry Simple Syrup
- Top with Club Soda
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Let us know if you try any of these recipes and what you think.